Tips for the your newborn photography session |Philadelphia Newborn Photographer
Ok so you have googled and searched for a Philadelphia Newborn Photographer and picked the perfect one for your family. Now its the day of your newborn photography session and you are not sure what you need to do. I am going to list the things that I found to be helpful for the session. If you have chosen me as your photographer you will receive a detailed welcome packet with everything you need to know and then some.
- Feed your baby right before you leave the house for the session. It should be the very last thing that you do when leaving. So that your precious baby has a full belly and falls asleep on the car ride over to the studio.
- When you are dressing your baby for the session do not put them in a onesies. I recommend a outfit that buttons or zippers down the front. Taking the onesie off over the babies head could disrupt them and startled them.
- Pack 2-3 spare bottles for the session. I know that it is a lot of bottles but normally you feed and put the baby down to rest. During their newborn photography session they are being stimulated more and work up more of an appetite. If you are strictly breastfeeding do not worry I have a couch in the studio for you to get comfortable on and breast feed.
- Pack a pacifier for the baby they can come in very handy to help sooth the baby during the session. Even if you haven’t introduced one it is still a good idea to pack one, I also have brand new ones in the studio that you can use and take home if needed. If you are not interested introducing a pacifier to your baby please do not worry it is not a necessity just a suggestion.
- The studio is kept very warm to accommodate the baby since they are use to being in their mommy’s belly. A cool or cold studio could make the baby very cranky when we are undressing and swaddling the baby for the different posing. I recommend that any parents or siblings that are coming not to weary any super heavy clothing. I would suggest wearing lighter clothing things that you won’t sweat in when in the warm studio.
- For family and sibling outfits I suggest that you pick a neutral color family. Then work 2-3 of those colors throughout the entire families outfits. You can use accent jewelry, dress scarves and other accessories to tie in some of the colors. If you have booked your session with me I offer a complimentary outfit planning consultation to help your family plan.
Philadelphia Newborn Photographer
If you liked this blog you can click here for some great tips on what to wear to your family photography session.